The DHT11 is a simple low-cost digital temperature and humidity sensor. It uses a capacitive humidity sensor and a thermistor to measure the surrounding air, providing a digital output, updated approximately every 2 seconds. It's fairly simple to use, but requires careful timing to acquire data.
- 3 to 5V power and I/O
- 2.5mA max current use during conversion (while requesting data)
- 20-80% humidity readings with 5% accuracy
- 0-50°C temperature readings ±2°C accuracy
- No more than 1 Hz sampling rate (once every second)
- Body size 15.5mm x 12mm x 5.5mm
- Breadboard/Stripboard friendly 2.54mm (0.1") pin spacing